Orianne Waser-Houst Memorial Scholarship
Orianne attended the Equinology® Equine Body Worker Certification course in Florida in April of 2022. She was a standout student and was excited to continue her career in equine bodywork. Sadly, Orianne passed away shortly after submitting her externship. She received her EEBW certification posthumously after scoring an outstanding 95% on her post-course work.
To honor Orianne’s dedication and hard work to her profession, passion for horses and desire to succeed and learn, Equinology, Inc. and the EquiLearn Institute are teaming up to offer a $1,000 scholarship to a student who exemplifies these qualities.
To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma (or pass an Ability to Benefit test)
- Answer all of the application questions in completion
The Orianne Waser-Houst Memorial Scholarship will be awarded every other year, with the next award given in 2025. Scholarship Applications open on January 1st and close on February 15th of the scholarship year. No exceptions! The recipient will be chosen by March 1st.
The scholarship will be valid for any onsite Equinology, Inc. or EquiLearn Institute course in the United States from March 2nd, 2025 – March 2nd, 2026 (excluding NKTE).
To apply, provide a typed narrative (between 1,000 – 1,500 words) addressing the following questions:
- How would learning about equine healthcare and science change your current approach to equine care or training?
- What are your long-term goals in the equine industry?
- Why do you deserve to be the Orianne Waser-Houst Memorial Scholarship recipient?
In addition to the narrative, please provide a Title Page with the following information:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Postal Address
- Current Profession (whether in horse industry or not)
- Are you a previous Equinology/EquiLearn Institute student? (yes/no)
- Please confirm that you understand if you are chosen for the scholarship and are unable to attend a course in the year of the award, you will forfeit your scholarship. This scholarship is not transferable or exchangeable.
- Please confirm you are over the age of 18.
Please email your typed application and narrative to email@example.com, or send via postal mail to EquiLearn Institute, 7108 Layton Court, Elkridge, MD 21075. All entries are due February 15th, 2025.
Selection Criteria & Judging Process:
- All eligible applications will be considered equally and fairly by Equinology® Inc. and the EquiLearn Institute.
- The applications will be ranked in order of preference and the scholarship will be offered to the person ranked as number one.
- The winner will be contacted via email and/or phone as well as announced via social media on or before March 2nd.
- The successful scholarship recipient will have (4) calendar weeks from the date of being notiﬁed to accept the scholarship by completing a registration for the course they plan to attend for that year’s award. If Equinology® or the EquiLearn Institute does not receive the recipient’s enrollment within (4) weeks of notification, the scholarship is voided.
- Any applications with missing information will not be reviewed.
- Any applications under the minimum word count or over the maximum word count for the narrative will not be reviewed.
Terms & Conditions:
- The scholarship is strictly non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-transferable under any circumstances (including non-transfer of course fees to another course, the same course offered on a different date or location, etc.).
- If the chosen scholarship recipient has already enrolled and secured a place in a scheduled course prior to receiving the scholarship, we will credit the award to any balance remaining or provide a refund (up to $1,000) if already paid in full.
- In the unlikely event that Equinology® Inc. or the EquiLearn Institute cancels the course, the scholarship recipient will be offered a place in the rescheduled course.
- Equinology® Inc. and the EquiLearn Institute are not responsible for any losses incurred to the student as a result of accepting the scholarship, losses incurred through travel bookings and/or cancellations. The scholarship recipient is responsible for booking their own travel arrangements and securing travel insurance to cover them during the trip.
- Normal registration and refund policies apply for this award.
- No cash back is provided with the award, even if the tuition of the selected course is under $1,000. In this case, the remaining funds may be put toward another course within the scholarship award period (March 2nd, 2025 – March 2nd, 2026).
- If the award recipient accepts the award but does not attend class prior to the end of the award period (March 2nd, 2026), the scholarship award will expire.